The Online News Act (Bill C-18) was passed by the federal government in June and is set to take effect late this year. The legislation requires tech companies to compensate media organizations for hosting Canadian news content on their platforms. In response, Meta has started blocking Canadian news content, including from two of our brands, Maclean’s and Toronto Life. Google is also planning to possibly follow Meta’s lead by blocking Canadian news content when the Act comes into effect.
Our teams are devoted to providing Canadians with trusted, quality journalism on the stories that matter. To stay informed and inspired, here are some of the ways to access our content, directly.
Visit our brand websites
Simply click or type in the URL below in your web browser and bookmark the page for ongoing access.
- Maclean’s: www.macleans.ca
- Toronto Life: www.torontolife.com
- Chatelaine: www.chatelaine.com
- Châtelaine: www.fr.chatelaine.com
- Canadian Business: www.canadianbusiness.com
- FASHION: www.fashionmagazine.com
- HELLLO! Canada: www.hellomagazine.com/ca/
- Today’s Parent: www.todaysparent.com
Sign up for our (free) newsletters
- Maclean’s: Best of Maclean’s
- Toronto Life: This City, Curb Appeal, Table Talk and The Vault
- Chatelaine: The Dish and In the Kitchen
- Châtelaine: l’infolettre Châtelaine
- Canadian Business: The Evolution
- FASHION: FASHION’s Newsletter
- HELLLO! Canada: Get the latest from HELLO!
- Today’s Parent: Pregnancy by Week, Baby Newsletter, Trying to Conceive and Weekly Newsletter
Access our titles on Apple News+
While you can access Apple News for free, subscribing to Apple News+ gives you access to hundreds of magazines and newspapers, including SJC Media brands, for just $12.99 per month after free trial.
Follow us on social
Engage with us on your favourite (non-Meta) channels:
- TikTok: Chatelaine, FASHION, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life
- Pinterest: Chatelaine, Châtelaine, FASHION, Today’s Parent
- YouTube: FASHION
- LinkedIn: Maclean’s
As we face a pivotal moment for the Canadian media industry, we want to ensure that the stories we write for you continue to be seen—by you. Commit to remaining informed and inspired through journalism with a unique Canadian lens through one of the many ways above.