This National Giving Tuesday, SJC is excited to once again open applications for its Giuseppina Gagliano Family Wellness Grant. The recipient will receive a $2,000 donation and two full-page ads in the charity’s choice of SJC Media magazine (valued up to $56,000).
SJC founded the Giuseppina Gagliano Family Wellness Grant in 2021 to honour the legacy of SJC's matriarch, Giuseppina Gagliano, by supporting organizations devoted to family well-being.
Family was everything to Giuseppina. An immigrant mother of 10 children and partner to her entrepreneurial husband who started a print company in the basement of their family home, she faced hardship and sacrifice. But she understood that a strong family foundation grounded in love and support could get them through anything.
The goal of the Giuseppina Gagliano Family Wellness Grant is to support an organization that is helping Canadian youth to know the strength and security that comes from a safe and happy family life. One in which basic needs are met and equal opportunities are provided to thrive, learn, grow and feel respected and loved. To read more about Giuseppina's story, click here.
If you are interested in applying for the Grant, please note the following guidelines and complete the form.
- The Grant is open to Canadian registered charities that support family well-being, including but not limited to, shelter, physical health, mental health, education, childcare and financial stability.
- Each year, the Grant will provide one organization with a $2,000 donation and two full-page print ads in their choice of SJC Media magazine (Toronto Life, Maclean’s, Chatelaine, Canadian Business, HELLO! Canada or FASHION) to raise awareness about their cause (up to $56,000 value).
- The application period for our 2024 Grant closes January 30, 2024, and the recipient will be announced on March 8, 2024, International Women’s Day.
- If you have any questions about the Grant eligibility or process, please email email@example.com.
- Access the application form here: GGFWG 2024 Application Form
The Grant's inaugural recipient was the First Nations Child & Family Caring Society of Canada (Caring Society). The Caring Society champions culturally based equity for First Nations children and their families so that they can grow up safely at home, be healthy, achieve their dreams, celebrate their languages and culture, and be proud of who they are. In 2022, we awarded the Grant to the George Hull Centre, a mental health centre committed to helping children and their families achieve mental wellness. 2023's recipient was the SMILE (Single Mothers Inspiring Leadership in Education) Foundation, a Canadian non-profit that helps low-income, single mothers improve their lives through education.
If you know a charity who could benefit from the Giuseppina Gagliano Family Wellness Grant grant, send them the link to the form to apply.