Apparel e-commerce photography reimagined: the SJC Powered by Looklet Studio
Welcome to Looklet: a best-in-class, tech-powered production process for high-volume, high-quality and variable apparel photography, specifically designed for e-commerce. SJC is Looklet’s preferred studio partner in Canada. Retailers and direct-to-consumer fashion apparel brands gain access to a fast and efficient way to get fashion merchandise online — all without live models, hair and makeup stylists or photographers.
The vast increase in digital shopping means there is an increased requirement for much more high-quality content
While consumers were already trending to make more purchases online through their mobile devices, the needs of the pandemic and shifting consumer behaviors have accelerated online shopping by nearly two years. E-commerce sales in 2020 are matching those previously not anticipated until 2022. Retail e-commerce sales reached a record $3.9 billion in May 2020 in Canada, a 99.3 percent increase over February.
The e-commerce benefits of the SJC Powered by Looklet Studio
- Captures double the volume of fashion apparel product shots per day compared with linear on-figure photography.
- Gets four angles and customized high-resolution detailing per item.
- Provides an ethnically diverse range of models for Men, Women, Plus-Size, Kids and Maternity to choose from.
- Enables SEO tagging of keywords.
- Affords flexibility for merchandise to be restyled or changed live on the retailer’s e-commerce site to map to regional zones, retail offers or to promote inventory.
- It’s Covid-safe. (For more on our safe shooting for photography and videography, read here.)
How it works
The SJC Powered by Looklet Studio, now installed in-house at SJC’s 220,000 square-foot content creation facility in Toronto, captures clothing using automated custom green screen mannequins. High-res images are automatically uploaded and processed by Looklet and they are available for virtual outfitting in the Looklet Styling software. This tool provides the option to select one of multiple model options and mix and match outfits. The final images are integrated into an e-commerce site and can be restyled by the retailer at any time.
“In our rapidly transforming digital-first world, retailers not only need to produce massive amounts of content for digital channels, but they need to produce content that converts to ecommerce and content that drives consumer engagement,” says Jacqueline Loch, SJC’s EVP Customer Innovation. “Looklet provides retailers with volume, quality, speed and variable content assets. We are excited to bring this innovation to our clients and to the Canadian fashion apparel retail market.”
For more information or to schedule an appointment for an individual virtual walk-through of the SJC Powered by Looklet Studio, contact us at email@example.com.