System AdministratorMay 9, 2022
- Division: Print
- Department: Information Technology
- Reports to: Director of Information Technology
- Location: Vaughan, Ontario
- Status: Full-Time
Meet SJC. We create, publish and print best-in-class content. As Canada’s largest privately owned communications company, we partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire and empower audiences across every platform. Owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands (Toronto Life, Chatelaine and Maclean’s to name a few), we provide incredible reach to an influential audience. SJC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the last 18 years.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative and collaborative team? Then come join us at SJC Print in the role of System Administrator.
SJC Print brings 65 years of expertise to North America’s largest publishers, retailers, cataloguers and financial corporations.
The system administrator’s responsibilities include the maintenance, configuration, troubleshooting and reliable operation of the computing environment (hardware, software, networking, server room) and ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security.
The best system administrator will also be a team player, willing to handle all support requests with courtesy and professionalism.
Our goals are: excellent customer experience, maximum uptime, always improving, and fostering security.
In this role you will:
- Manage access rights (Microsoft Active Directory)
- Monitor, manage and maintain the infrastructure:
- storage solutions (IBM V5000/V7000, Brocade SAN switches)
- data backup and recovery (Veritas Backup Exec)
- server environment (Windows & Linux)
- virtual computing environment (VMWare/vSphere)
- LAN/WAN/Wireless infrastructure (Cisco ASA firewall, switches)
- customer facing infrastructure (web servers, SFTP servers)
- Device patch management
- UPS management
- Monitor, manage and maintain the security infrastructure:
- Cisco FirePower IPS/AMP/URL/Umbrella/ISE, ASA firewalls, McAfee Endpoint/EPO, Vulnerability scanning – Nessus/Tenable, SIEM – Splunk, other.
- Adhere to the change management process and maintain infrastructure documentation & diagrams
- Administer the virtual phone system add/remove/changes (cloud hosted Cisco)
- Perform projects and tasks after hours and weekends as required to minimize operations, manufacturing and customer downtime.
And a bit about yourself:
- You have a minimum 5 years experience in a comparable environment
- You possess the necessary training and certifications in Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare technologies
- You are proficient and possess real-world experience with
- Windows, Linux, VMWare infrastructure
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS and PKI
- Encryption/Cryptography (PKI, SSH, SSL/TLS)
- System back-up and recovery software as well as other Disaster Recovery strategies
- Networking skills: Cisco ASA Firewall, switching, VLan, VPN
- You have excellent skills in customer service as well as verbal and written communication
If this sounds like you, apply below!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.