Senior Editor, Patron Studio (Branded Content), News and BusinessOctober 12, 2021
- Division: Media
- Department: Patron Studio (Branded Content)
- Reports to: Executive Editor, Patron Studio (Branded Content), SJC Media
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
SJC Media is seeking a Senior Editor of Branded Content to editorially support large cross-platform projects from conception to launch on behalf of our various clients and content brands, with an emphasis on news and business, working mostly with Maclean’s and the newly relaunched Canadian Business. Reporting to the Executive Editor of Branded Content, the senior editor will support our integrated sales projects, working across many departments to create innovative and on-brand sponsored content (print articles, videos, infographics, custom digital destinations, podcasts) that marries our strong editorial brand voices and audiences with client objectives. Our team is deeply trusted by our editorial and sales teams, and truly exceptional in its ability to execute unique integrations and advertorial content for our clients.
In this role, you will:
- Liaise with the branded content team, editorial and sales representatives to brainstorm best-in-class content ideas, flesh out concepts and program elements, and provide cost estimates
- Manage, assign, edit and execute sold branded content programs from ideation to completion, in concert with program project manager
- Work with designers or illustrators to create engaging visuals for pitch mock-ups and sold campaigns
- Occasionally attend shoots to direct photography or videography
- Maintain consistency and journalistic standards of transparency and accuracy across branded content programs
- Familiarize yourself with brand values, ethos and standards across SJC’s editorial titles
- Stay abreast of latest trends in branded content, digital, and video as well as competitor executions
- Provide digital production support when needed
- 5+ years of editorial and/or agency creative experience, including digital (video and/or social a plus)
- Creative, curious mind with a desire to collaborate and learn from the best
- Experience with WordPress CMS, social media back-ends, and metrics tools like Google Analytics
- Exceptional organizational skills
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.