Senior Art Director – MotionMarch 2, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Creative
- Reports to: SVP Creative
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
You have an insatiable curiosity about everything – creative and otherwise. This passion infuses your
work and creates compelling visual stories that engage, inspire and inform customers.
As a Senior Art Director, you bring concepts to life through digital design, motion graphics, animation and video editing. You are able to translate marketing briefs into strategic creative solutions and deliver innovative multi-channel ideas that are on-brand. Beyond your creative talents, you also mentor, supervise and guide others in their professional and creative development. You also contribute to the strength of the Creative team by nurturing client relationships alongside account directors via effective written and in-person communication, professional interaction, and outstanding work. You take the lead in directing the creation of multiplatform motion graphics for a wide range of digital deliverables including: 2D and 3D animated pieces, interactive experiences, VFX-based motion graphics, UI design, tracking, compositing and integration of graphic elements within live action content as well as titles and bumpers.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically on a big-picture scale and an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement
- Take ownership of assigned projects, from start to completion, with an eye to detail
- Develop omni-channel creative and campaigns for retail banners that are on strategy and brand consistent
- Interpret creative briefs and translate them into compelling creative concepts and visual/interactive designs
- Communicate creative expectations, art direction and standards to videographers, photographers, stylists, illustrators and other external partners
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers and Copywriters, as well as the client’s business teams
- Brainstorm and create concepts for storyboards, production, motion design and audio mixing
- Processing, editing and post-production of video, images and colour correction
- Creating 2D and 3D animations for social media, OLV, broadcast, digital signage, etc…
- Adhere to schedules and/or work-back summaries with milestones identified
- Keep up-to-date on trends in branding, marketing, advertising, digital, animation and related communications industries
- Present and clearly articulate creative solutions to all levels of audiences
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while juggling multiple deadlines, in a fast-paced creative and production environment
Education & Qualifications:
- 6 to 8+ years experience working for an advertising agency/national retailer in a Designer and/or Art Director role
- Post-secondary education in a related field, a graduate of a recognized creative/media design program or related field,
graphics/motion design program or related field
- Strong knowledge of brand development, storyboarding, graphic fundamentals, typography, composition and animation/videography direction as they relate to digital channels
- Experience in concept design and direction for online experiences in collaboration with Developers; eblasts and newsletters,
- landing pages, HTML5 animation
- Proficiency with animation and graphic design software such as Adobe CC suite including: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Cinema 4D, as well as presentation software such as Keynote
- Familiar with export/render compression and codec settings
- Thorough understanding of retail advertising and communication, digital & interactive communications, social and mass advertising, marketing and industry best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, written, presentation) skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to problem-solve workload issues and project needs
- Intelligence in new media literacy and storytelling
- Portfolio/demo reel including projects completed at a professional level in the last 4 years
Values & Guiding Principles
These key values are inherent to SJC’s success: innovation, respect, passion, customer focus, proactiveness and accountability. They also guide our everyday behaviour and motivate us to exceed client expectations in all that we do.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.