Sales Development Representative (SDR)January 25, 2021
- Division: Media
- Department: Sales
- Reports to: Director of Marketing
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
St. Joseph Communications really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions for our clients.
We offer “Beyond Content” solutions such as integrated tactical marketing and content at SJC Content, printing and logistics at SJC Print’s various locations, and media solutions with our media brands including Toronto Life, FASHION, Maclean’s, Flare, Today’s Parent, Chatelaine, and HELLO! Canada, along with our Strategic Content Labs division.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC Media in the role of Sales Development Representative!
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for contributing to the company’s revenue growth by generating qualified opportunities. This role requires a significant amount of outbound calls in order to identify key players, qualify business opportunities and schedule discovery meetings. The Sales Development Representative is also responsible for creating awareness of SJC Media’s offerings, researching and collecting relevant information about the potential accounts based on the categories assigned, and providing feedback to the management team.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Develop highly targeted outbound prospecting, finding sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; scheduling discovery meetings; building rapport; providing information
- Create lists of prospects by category, utilize email, social outreach, cold calling and inside sales pitching
- Take leads from press releases and use these product launches to explore digital sponsored content opportunities. Ability to execute any programs sold, working with our digital ops team.
- Support Category Sales Representatives in development of Category Business Plans
- Identify key players and generate interest in each potential account
- Research and learn about prospects businesses, share personalized competitive insights and make recommendations to the Sales Executive on potential value of where our publications could meet their needs
- Provide Sales Executive with crisp, detailed notes and support them as they prepare for the meeting
- Maintain and expand relevant information in the CRM database of accounts within an assigned category or special sales opportunity
- Routing qualified opportunities to the Sales Account Executives for further development and closure
- Work with Marketing and Research, support development of category sales materials
- Other duties as assigned, which could include helping organize client events, sales meetings, and developing sales presentations etc.
And a bit about yourself?
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related business or marketing field and / or equivalent business development or sales experience
- 1 – 3 years of experience working in a similar role in a media company or publishing environment desired
- Clear and concise written and articulate verbal skills
- Solid knowledge and skills with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn how to use Vivadata and run research reports
- Strong listening skills and ability to take meaningful notes
- Positive, outgoing and have no fear talking to new people
- Curiosity to dive deep into understanding a category of business and bring relevant research and insights to build the sales call story
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Experience working with CRM and corporate productivity tools
- A keen interest in the Media Publishing & Marketing landscape
- Social and digital media-savvy – social selling and digital execution
- Knowledge of prospecting tools
- You have grit, competitive spirit, are a self-starter and show initiative
- You work best in high-performance sales environments and love winning
Measures of Success
- Generating 5 qualified discovery meeting appointments per month.
- You sell 2 packages per month.
- Maintain a 90% accuracy level of information entered into the CRM system.
- You get positive accolades from people you support.
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retail
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.