Sales and Marketing DesignerNovember 10, 2021
- Division: Media
- Department: Marketing, SJC Media
- Reports to: Managing Director, Marketing
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
SJC Media is Canada’s fastest-growing media company and the largest and most decorated magazine publisher in the country. Bolstered by a network of strong digital properties, we engage Canadians of all ages, in all parts of the county, around topics about which they are deeply passionate about.
The SJC Media Marketing team is looking for a Sales and Marketing Designer to help lead the creation of marketing materials across our Sales, Circulation and Brand Marketing initiatives across SJC Media and its highly respected brands. This role primarily supports our Sales team, working with brand managers and creating proactive materials for clients to help drive success and maximize the team’s selling time. The role also supports Circulation and brand marketing efforts with ad creative and creative pitches.
The successful candidate must be highly creative with copy and image software, able to communicate clear messages for ads and presentations, as well as super organized and detail-oriented. They should demonstrate initiative, have the ability to manage many competing priorities and work well with cross-functional teams within a fast-paced environment. Come join our very fun, highly creative team and work on some of the best media brands in Canada!
- Support development of sales materials with your unique visual storytelling skills
- Work with the Circulation team on subscription campaigns and house ad materials across print, digital and social, and occasionally video.
- Creative strategy and ideation for new programs and brand launches.
- Assist the Director of Marketing with assignments, i.e. help organize trade marketing and events materials, mass communication execution (e-blast to all clients) etc.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of all sales support materials on our shared drive
- Maintain calendar of deliverables, including the creation of and the timely delivery of sales support materials
- A degree or diploma in a related business, design, media or marketing program
- Strong presentation-building skills (building a visual story and organizing ideas in a visual way)
- 2+ years experience working in a design capacity
- Creative skills in building marketing materials
- Articulate and crisp in your writing and verbal skills and confident with your presentation design skills. Comfort with Powerpoint and Google Slides is an asset.
- Strong listening skills, ability to take feedback and make sound design decisions
- You are positive, a strong communicator and can talk to new people
- Ability to prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proficient with image asset creation tools like Photoshop and InDesign
- A keen interest in Media Publishing & Marketing landscape
- You have grit, are a self-starter and show initiative
- You will need to provide work examples to showcase your creative style and capabilities!
This position description may not describe all duties, responsibilities, and skills associated with this position. It is intended to portray the major aspects of the job. Other duties or skills may be required.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.