Sales and Marketing DesignerJune 13, 2022
- Division: Media
- Department: Marketing, SJC Media
- Reports to: Director of Marketing
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Status: Full-Time
SJC Media is the largest producer of magazines in Canada, with award-winning titles such as FASHION, Chatelaine, HELLO! Canada, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent, Toronto Life, Ottawa Magazine and Canadian Business.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative and collaborative team? Then come join us at SJC Media in the role of Sales and Marketing Designer.
The SJC Media Marketing team is looking for a Sales and Marketing Designer to help lead the creation of marketing materials across our Sales, Circulation and Brand Marketing initiatives across SJC Media and its highly respected brands. This role primarily supports our Sales team, working with the Director of Marketing to create marketing collateral that helps drive success and maximize the team’s selling time. The role also supports Circulation and brand marketing efforts with ad creative and creative pitches.
The successful candidate must be highly creative with copy and image software, able to communicate clear messages for ads and presentations, as well as super organized and detail-oriented. They should demonstrate initiative, have the ability to manage many competing priorities and work well with cross-functional teams within a fast-paced environment. Come join our very fun, highly creative team and work on some of the best media brands in Canada!
In this role you will:
- Support development of sales materials with your unique visual storytelling skills (i.e., media kits, sell sheets, sales decks, and presentations)
- Work with the Circulation team on subscription campaigns and house ad materials across print, digital and social, and occasionally video.
- Creative strategy and ideation for new programs and brand launches.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of all sales support materials on our shared drive
- Maintain calendar of deliverables, including the creation of and the timely delivery of sales support materials
And a bit about yourself:
- A degree or diploma in a related business, design, media or marketing program
- Strong presentation-building skills (building a visual story and organizing ideas in a visual way)
- 2+ years experience working in a design capacity
- Creative skills in building marketing materials
- High proficiency in Powerpoint and Google Slides
- Strong listening skills, ability to take feedback and make sound design decisions
- You are positive, a strong communicator and can talk to new people
- Ability to prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proficient with image asset creation tools like Photoshop and InDesign
- A keen interest in Media Publishing & Marketing landscape
- You will need to provide work examples to showcase your creative style and capabilities!
This position description may not describe all duties, responsibilities, and skills associated with this position. It is intended to portray the major aspects of the job. Other duties or skills may be required.
If this sounds like you, apply below!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.