Purchasing AgentJune 7, 2022
- Division: Print
- Department: Procurement
- Reports to: Procurement Manager
- Location: Vaughan, Ontario
- Status: Full-Time
Meet SJC. We create, publish and print best-in-class content. As Canada’s largest privately owned communications company, we partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire and empower audiences across every platform. Owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands (Toronto Life, Chatelaine and Maclean’s to name a few), we provide incredible reach to an influential audience. SJC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the last 18 years.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative and collaborative team? Then come join us at SJC Print in the role of Purchasing Agent.
SJC Print brings 65 years of expertise to North America’s largest publishers, retailers, cataloguers and financial corporations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Purchasing Agent to join our manufacturing operation. You are meticulous detailed & organized. You operate with a sense of urgency but understands the need for tact while interacting with outside vendors and our internal Sales Reps. and a great Team Player!
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for direct purchases of materials and services required to support the ongoing operational, manufacturing and administrative functions of SJC Print, MacIntosh
- Address and follow up on all inquiries from both internal customers and outside vendors
- Support other departments of the company by supplying them will all necessary information as it pertains to each individual job
- Complete month end reports
- Support company operations with an uninterrupted flow of materials and services
And a bit about yourself:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ purchasing experience, preferably within the printing industry
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- You are Proficient in Word and Excel
- You are Detail oriented and have great attention in accuracy
If this sounds like you, apply below!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.