ProofreaderSeptember 29, 2020
- Division: Content
- Department: Production Planning
- Reports to: Manager, Production Planning
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
Do you have eagle eye that can spot an error from miles away. Spelling? Check. The right font and point size? Check, check. Client changes? Definitely check.
As a Proofreader, you read everything. Literally. Nothing escapes your eye, and red pen. You strive for the utmost accuracy in everything you do, from correcting spelling errors to spotting non-compliant specs. In a nutshell, you help ensure media pages are correct and adhere to the quality standards and requirements of our internal teams and external clients.
- Proofread all pages moving through the quality checking process and ensure page designers have implemented corrections
- Mark up obvious errors (copy, graphics, images, etc.) and ensure that all pages adhere to style guidelines
- Ensure images to related copy blocks on the printed page correspond
- Compare all final PDF files from the imaging department to the final corrected pages submitted from the proofreading department to ensure that they match and images or copy have not dropped off
- Ensure consistency of execution and content across multiple ongoing projects
- Develop a catalogue of common usage to build into production guidelines
Education & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an English or related program, or equivalent experience
- English-French bilingualism is an asset
- Minimum two years experience in a similar capacity (preferably retail-oriented proofreading)
- Strong working knowledge of Mac OSX operating system and Adobe software (InDesign, Acrobat Pro) and Microsoft Office
- Extremely detail-oriented, accurate, efficient and organized
- Excellent professional interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills and astute with e-communication
- Superior time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work according to deadlines
- Willingness to see projects through to the end and be accountable
- Ability to identify problems and suggest potential solutions
- Quality focused
Values & Guiding Principles:
These key values are inherent to SJC’s success: innovation, respect, passion, customer focus, pro-activeness and accountability. They also guide our everyday behavior and motivate us to exceed client expectations in all that we do.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.