Project ManagerSeptember 29, 2020
- Division: Content
- Department: Production Planning
- Reports to: Director, Production Planning
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
Organization is your middle name. You love structure and no detail is too small to be overlooked. In other words, this every Type A’s dream job.
As a Project Manager, you are the primary internal client support for our clients. As the Account Director’s right hand person, you are responsible for communicating client needs within all production areas. The Project Manager oversees the production process and the execution of client projects with a goal to provide superior client service through ensuring projects are delivered on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Project ownership; including schedules/workbacks, tracking, reporting, risk mitigation, functional team coordination
- Manage and communicate project and job specifications as variables are defined and evolve
- Organize department meetings as required throughout the production schedule
- Act as a support for clients in situations where the Account team is unavailable
- Obtain and confirm third-party (producers, printers, distributors) specifications, liaise with internal stakeholders
- Coordinate post-mortem meetings; including documentation of identified issues and resolution results to the project archive for future reference
- Continuously update the Account team and the Production Lead regarding the project status including potential problematic situations that could jeopardize timelines
- Create client and management status reports
- Work with functional teams to ensure that SJC delivers outstanding work consistently and efficiently
Education & Qualifications:
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two-years experience in project management capacity
- Experience with retail flyer and advertising production and integrated marketing across multiple channels is valuable
- Proficient computer skills, including project management and accounting software
- Working knowledge of Adobe CS and Digital Asset Management tools is an asset
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to manage concurrent projects and across multiple teams efficiently
- Excellent relationship builder and collaborator
- Excellent communication (written/oral), time management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills; resourceful, attention to detail
Values & Guiding Principles:
These key values are inherent to SJC’s success: innovation, respect, passion, customer focus, pro-activeness and accountability. They also guide our everyday behavior and motivate us to exceed client expectations in all that we do.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.