Production CoordinatorApril 21, 2022
- Division: Content
- Department: Production
- Reports to: Production Manager
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Status: Full-Time
Meet SJC. We create, publish and print best-in-class content. As Canada’s largest privately owned communications company, we partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire and empower audiences across every platform. Owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands (Toronto Life, Chatelaine and Maclean’s to name a few), we provide incredible reach to an influential audience.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative and collaborative team? Then come join us at SJC Content in the role of Production Coordinator.
From its full-service multi-studio facility, SJC Content works with leading brands and retailers to create
content for every channel, including photography, video, social animation, interactive e-commerce content and digital signage.
As the on-site client support, the Production Coordinator is responsible for the smooth operation throughout the production life cycle of the project. The candidate will coordinate the flow of working material within or between departments according to the production schedule. This role encompasses all levels, both agency and client to ensure successful projects. The Production Coordinator is responsible for the timely delivery of projects while adhering to the highest quality standards.
In this role you will:
- Provides superior leadership by ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, and to the highest quality standard
- Mediates between the Client and Studio Production departments to ensure the execution and delivery of work is on time and to specification.
- Oversight of sample management on all projects
- Daily updates need to be applied to the sample tracker with tracking numbers and communicate any sample changes, sample statuses.
- Communicates any problems that prohibit the completion of the project to the Production Manager.
- Makes the final quality control check prior to the client and printer deliveries.
- Fostering positive internal and external relationships.
- Developing a thorough understanding of print production.
- Work collaboratively with marketing teams to understand printing requirements.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong desire to collaborate and learn.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Perform other duties as required.
And a bit about yourself:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to teach others.
- Demonstrated self-starter, positive attitude, self-initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with both internal and external clients.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, accurate and efficient.
- Sense of ownership and willingness to get the job done.
- Passion for problem solving and thrives when faced with a challenge.
- Demonstrates a high level of trust, integrity and diplomacy.
- Ability to work efficiently in an open team structure within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exhibit grace under pressure.
If this sounds like you, apply below!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.