Prepress CTP OperatorMarch 28, 2022
- Division: Print
- Department: Technology
- Reports to: Director of Technology, SJC Print
- Location: Vaughan, Ontario
- Status: Full-Time
Meet SJC. We create, publish and print best-in-class content. As Canada’s largest privately owned communications company, we partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire and empower audiences across every platform. Owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands (Toronto Life, Chatelaine and Maclean’s to name a few), we provide incredible reach to an influential audience. SJC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the last 18 years.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative and collaborative team? Then come join us at SJC Print in the role of Prepress CTP Operator.
SJC Print brings 65 years of expertise to North America’s largest publishers, retailers, cataloguers and financial corporations. You will be responsible for the preflighting, trapping, imposing, proofing and workflow of jobs through the CTP platemaking process.
In this role you will:
- Receive files via FTP, Disk or Email
- Copy files over a network
- Checks file specifications, preflights and troubleshoots
- Opens files in QuarkXPress, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Writes pages to PDF
- Corrects file errors
- Able to make extensive changes to customer files including colour retouching
- Process PDF files through Prinergy workflow
- Impose press impositions using Preps Software
- Feeding, bundling and facilitating the overall platemaking process which includes some physical demand
- When required submit amendments to ISO procedures for approval
- Ensure that his/her workstation is kept safe, neat and clean at all times.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the company;
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device e.g. PPE, machine guarding which may be hazardous to either themselves or another worker.
- Refrain from removing or disabling any protective device.
- Only operate equipment on which they have been trained and authorized.
- Report any injury, illness or hazardous condition/act immediately to their supervisor or manager.
- Participate in all required health and safety training
- Works within and adheres to all St. Joseph Health and Safety Operating Standards, including Operating
- Standard HS-010 Associate/Supplied Labour/Temporary Associate Responsibilities.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
And a bit about yourself:
- Post secondary diploma in Graphics Arts or similar program/ discipline
- Minimum two years working experience in a Prepress department
- Knowledge of MAC, PC, and Windows Platforms
- Experience with FTP Transfer software and email
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and QuarkXPress
- Advanced knowledge of Prinergy workflow and software
- Intermediate knowledge of digital color proofing
- Advanced knowledge of Preps and Creo VPS software
- Basic knowledge of Internet and network
If this sounds like you click the apply link above!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.