Page Assembly ArtistSeptember 29, 2020
- Division: Content
- Department: Design Studio
- Reports to: Production Manager
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
You can see how all of the art, copy and graphics all fit together like a puzzle. And when they don’t, you know how to adjust things so they do. Problem-solving is your forte.
As a Page Assembly Artist, you love the challenge of transforming concepts into reality. While you have a strong appreciation for creativity, you’re able to balance this vision with the technical aspects of production. Creatives rely on you for your experience with deadlines, type safety, color palettes, typographical specifications and so much more.
- Adapt/adjust creative concepts and vendor-supplied artwork to production-ready templates/specifications
- Work with different project scopes: from postcards and multi-page flyers/catalogues to truck wraps and billboards
- Liaise with art directors, designers and copywriters to ensure creative integrity, brand consistency and high-quality standards
- Produce publication-ready final files and ensure accuracy for print and/or digital channels
- Retouch images to improve quality both in print and digital formats
- Suggest and apply image improvements, like creating gradients and layers
- Review graphics, layouts and fonts before products are completed to high-quality standards
- Archive published images and graphics upon project completion
- Work calmly and efficiently on multiple projects within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Develop an understanding of client brand and communication principles and apply in layout and design work with relevance
- Keep up-to-date with trends/improvements in graphic design techniques and software
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum two years of proven work experience as a Production Artist, Graphic Designeror similar role
- Superior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and of printing processes and pre-flighting tools
- Experience in retail flyer production is highly valuable
- Knowledge of ‘Easy Catalogue’ is an asset
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web development systems
- Solid understanding of typography, detail-oriented and able to maintain brand consistencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills and astute with e-communication
- Strong organizational/planning skills, with the ability to manage workload issues and prioritize project needs efficiently
- Positive working relationships built throughout the organization with a professional attitude
- Action-oriented and a self-starter who is reliable, full of energy, and enjoys challenges
- Must be reliable and willing to put in extra time as required to meet project deadlines
Values & Guiding Principles:
These key values are inherent to SJC’s success: innovation, respect, passion, customer focus, pro-activeness and accountability. They also guide our everyday behavior and motivate us to exceed client expectations in all that we do.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.