Page Assembly ArtistJuly 12, 2022
- Division: Content
- Department: Design Studio
- Reports to: Production Manager
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Status: Freelance
Meet SJC. We create, publish and print best-in-class content. As Canada’s largest privately owned communications company, we partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire and empower audiences across every platform. Owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands (Toronto Life, Chatelaine and Maclean’s to name a few), we provide incredible reach to an influential audience. SJC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the last 18 years.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative and collaborative team? Then come join us at Content in the role of Page Assembly Artist.
You can see how all of the art, copy and graphics all fit together like a puzzle. And when they don’t, you know how to adjust things so they do. Problem solving is your forte.
As a Page Assembly Artist, you love the challenge of transforming concepts into reality. While you have a strong appreciation for creativity, you’re able to balance this vision with the technical aspects of production. Creatives rely on you for your experience with deadlines, type safety, color palettes, typographical specifications and so much more.
- Adapt/adjust creative concepts and vendor-supplied artwork to production-ready templates/specifications
- Work with different project scopes: from postcards and multi-page flyers/catalogues to truck wraps and billboards
- Liaise with art directors, designers and copywriters to ensure creative integrity, brand consistency and high quality standards
- Produce publication-ready final files and ensure accuracy for print and/or digital channels
- Retouch images to improve quality both in print and digital formats
- Suggest and apply image improvements, like creating gradients and layers
- Review graphics, layouts and fonts before products are completed to high quality standards
- Archive published images and graphics upon project completion
- Work calmly and efficiently on multiple projects within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Develop an understanding of client brand and communication principles and apply in layout and design work with relevance
- Keep up-to-date with trends/improvements in graphic design techniques and software
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum two years of proven work experience as a Production Artist, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Superior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and of printing processes and pre-flighting tools
- Experience in retail flyer production is highly valuable
- Knowledge of ‘Easy Catalogue’ is an asset
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web development systems
- Solid understanding of typography, detail-oriented and able to maintain brand consistencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills and astute with e-communication
- Strong organizational/planning skills, with the ability to manage workload issues and prioritize project needs efficiently
- Positive working relationships built throughout the organization with a professional attitude
- Action-oriented and a self-starter who is reliable, full of energy, and enjoys challenges
- Must be reliable and willing to put in extra time as required to meet project deadlines
If this sounds like you, apply below!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.