Media Services CoordinatorJanuary 19, 2023
- Division: Media
- Department: Circulation
- Reports to: VP, Print Operation
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Status: Full-Time
Meet SJC. We create, publish and print best-in-class content. As Canada’s largest privately owned communications company, we partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire and empower audiences across every platform. Owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands (Toronto Life, Chatelaine and Maclean’s to name a few), we provide incredible reach to an influential audience. SJC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the last 18 years.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative and collaborative team? Then come join us in the role of Media Services Coordinator
In this role you will:
- Examine insertion orders for pertinent information and request additional booking information from Sales if needed.
- Enter print orders and miscellaneous billings into the MSG system based on information provided on insertion order and by Sales Team.
- Explore MSG system, examine paperwork, and liaise with others to resolve queries.
- Perform accurate monthly reconciliation and pre-billing for the magazine (i.e. cross reference system information with actual magazine, comparing report and
- insertion order information).
- Follow multi-step, pre-billing process before delivering all pre-billing documents to billing operations.
- Keep accurate Weekly Tallies of all advertisements booked in each publication.
- Produce Weekly Revenue Reports for internal departments for all publications.
- Send Closing and/or Issue Reports to sales, production and finance for each publication.
- Send Weekly Ad/Edit Report to editors and production for required publications.
- Co-ordinate the multitude of proper booking information exchanged between sales, production, billing and invoicing, credit and collection and finance departments. Experience overseeing digital and social media programs and integrated marketing campaigns
And a bit about you:
- 3-5 Years of related experience preferably in a media services role.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong excel and MS office suite capabilities
- Strong grasp of creative/production processes, requirements, and timelines
- Demonstrated project management skills with high level of attention to detail – PMP certification would be beneficial
- Strong verbal and written communications with the ability to collaborate with teams and navigate conflict
If this sounds like you, apply using the link above!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.