Junior DesignerNovember 16, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Creative
- Reports to: SVP, Creative
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
You see the world in graphics, images, colours and typography. Pulling it all together to create a compelling visual story is what you do best.
As a Junior Designer, you love the challenge of transforming concepts into reality. While you have a strong appreciation for creativity, you’re able to balance this vision with the technical aspects of production. You’re able to visualize and execute creative solutions that engage and inspire our clients’ target audience. Even better, you are brilliant with all the latest design software and can deliver quality results quickly and efficiently.
- Adapt/adjust creative concepts and vendor-supplied artwork to production-ready templates/specifications
- Work with different project scopes: from postcards to catalogues to digital and social content
- Produce publication-ready final files and ensure accuracy for print and/or digital channels
- Work calmly and efficiently on multiple projects within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Keep up-to-date with trends/improvements in graphic design techniques and software
- Work from briefing documents to understand client challenges, objectives and brand strategies
- Collaborate with team members to develop fresh, exciting creative solutions during the conceptual stage through to production
- Execute creative concepts; and clearly communicate concepts and solutions to team
- Apply current design sensibilities to projects, with an excellent understanding of layout, design and overall composition
- Maintain creative and brand consistency across multiple channels
- Work on time-sensitive projects, multi-task and adhere to project requirements and deadlinesEducation & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a Production Artist, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Additional qualifications in graphic design is an asset
- Post-secondary education in related field: graduate of recognized graphics program or related field or equivalent to visual design
- A strong knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, brand development and creative process
- Proficient in Adobe CS (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Keynote/PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, written, presentation) skills
- Strong organizational/planning skills, with the ability to manage workload issues and prioritize project needs
- Detail oriented, accurate and efficient
- Positive working relationships built throughout the organization with a professional attitude
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and deal with ambiguity
- Action-oriented and a self-starter who is reliable, full of energy, and enjoys challenges
- Must be reliable and willing to put in extra time as required to meet project deadlines
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.