Inserter OperatorJanuary 6, 2021
- Division: Print
- Department: Digital
- Reports to: Supervisor, Digital
- Location: Vaughan
- Status: Full-Time
This position is responsible for performing duties as required in an orderly manner to ensure documentation of all material received.
- Set-up and maintain the timely production of a mail inserter equipment;
- Maintain all equipment in good running condition and report any maintenance or mechanical problems immediately so that the appropriate action can be taken;
- Warehousing responsibilities
- Be pro-active in the area of preventative maintenance;
- Follow all quality control procedures and processes;
- Maintain the highest level of housekeeping and organization in the department;
- Promote excellent working conditions;
- Must be willing to work 12 hour shifts during peak periods
- Ensure that his/her workstation is kept safe, neat and clean at all times.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the company;
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device e.g. PPE, machine guarding which may be hazardous to either themselves or another worker.
- Refrain from removing or disabling any protective device.
- Only operate equipment on which they have been trained and authorized.
- Report any injury, illness or hazardous condition/act immediately to their supervisor or manager.
- Participate in all required health and safety training
- Works within and adheres to all St. Joseph Health and Safety Operating Standards, including Operating Standard HS-010 Associate/Supplied Labour/Temporary Associate Responsibilities.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2 years experience as an Operator, Inserter
- Excellent working knowledge of the Inserter equipment;
- Forklift certification
- Formal training in graphic arts or in a related field or equivalent; and/or combination of experience and education;
- Experience in the operation of various software applications such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrators, etc.;
- Experience in printing, graphic arts or a related field;
- Experience in the handling of performing bindery operations such as cerlox binding, etc…
- Able to work in a fast paced multi-functioning environment with tight deadlines;
- Capable to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Customer service minded and quality oriented.
- Good organizational skills
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community