Infrastructure System EngineerOctober 14, 2020
- Division: Print
- Department: Information Technology
- Reports to: Director of Information Technology, SJC Print
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
As a senior member of the Information Technology Infrastructure Team, you will be focused on implementing and maintaining the technology and security infrastructure. You are proficient in Cisco ASA/Firepower & Cisco networking, VMWare, SAN and SAN Switch technologies, Windows AD infrastructure. As a security minded and forward-thinking individual, you will provide customer service and first line support to end users at all levels of the organization, internal as well as external customers.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Management and configuration of virtual computing environment (VMWare)
- Adherence to change management process: documentation, approval
- Maintaining and supporting company security
- Server/client patch management
- Ensuring daily backups are completed
- Managing the virtual and physical server/storage solutions environment
- Managing LAN/WAN/Wireless infrastructure
- Managing customer facing solutions (web servers, SFTP servers)
- Maintaining infrastructure documentation & diagrams
- Will perform projects and tasks after hours and weekends as required to minimize operations, manufacturing and customer downtime.
Implement, configure and maintain the following technology and security platforms:
- Virtualized servers utilizing VMware ESXi servers and managing the hosts via vCenter. Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V is an asset.
- Enterprise class server environment (HP ProLiant server hardware)
- Enterprise SAN storage with specific knowledge of IBM 7000 Unified SAN, IBM V5030 G2, NetApp FAS2552, LenovoEMC, QNAP with HP and IBM SAN switches.
- Enterprise level backup infrastructure management with specific knowledge of hardware: IBM and HP tape library and VERITAS BackupExec software.
- Cisco ASA next generation firewall bundle with FirePOWER and FireSIGHT management as IPS and integrated with Splunk.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) as a NAC and integrated with Cisco switch, ASA and wireless controller for AAA service and send logs to Splunk.
- Cisco Wireless Controller with Access Point and integrated with ISE for dot1x and network access control.
- Cisco IPSec, SSL VPN and integrated with ISE for security and access control.
- Cisco Umbrella (OpenDNS) as first layer of defense with URL filtering.
- Network services and protocols such as: TCP/IP, NAT, 802.1x, FTP, SFTP, SMTP, VoIP, SSH and routing protocols such as: OSPF, EIGRP.
- SIEM (Splunk) to collect and monitor all security events on critical devices.
- Microsoft computing environment – Windows Server (AD, File, Print, Microsoft SQL server, MYSQL)
- Windows and Linux Server infrastructure as it pertains to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS and PKI
- Layer 2 and 3 network services such as VLAN, STP and routing with Cisco routers and switches (IOS, NX-OS).
- Enterprise monitoring systems management as they relate to hardware and software fault detection, notification, performance capture and capacity management specific knowledge of HP SIM
- Analyze security risks and network/server vulnerabilities and event logs by security tools like OpenVAS, Nessus and Splunk as SIEM.
- Experience in packet inspection and system monitoring with specific knowledge of Wireshark, NetFort (LANGuardian) and SolarWinds with SNMP and NetFlow protocols with PRTG.
- Experience in Windows PowerShell and Linux bash scripting.
- Familiar with Azure and AWS cloud services.
- Following best practices, continuously improve systems availability, performance and recoverability (onsite and offsite) ensuring IT operational performance and availability meet or exceed agreed-upon SLA targets.
Values & Guiding Principles
These key values are inherent to SJC’s success: innovation, respect, passion, customer focus, proactiveness and accountability. They also guide our everyday behaviour and motivate us to exceed client expectations in all that we do.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.