Human Resources GeneralistAugust 30, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Human Resources
- Reports to: Director, Human Resources
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
St. Joseph Communications really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions for our clients.
We offer “Beyond Content” solutions such as integrated tactical marketing and content at SJC Content, printing and logistics at SJC Print’s various locations, and media solutions with our media brands including Toronto Life, FASHION, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent, Chatelaine, and HELLO! Canada, along with our Strategic Content Labs division.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC in the role of Human Resources Generalist!
As an integral part of the Human Resources team, the HR Generalist is responsible for providing support to our Media and Content divisions in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, reporting, compensation & benefits, health & safety, employee communications, HR policies & procedures, HR programs & services, HRIS, training, general HR administration and employee relations.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Provide general HR administration, support ensuring HR file system is maintained, employee data is kept up to date in HRIS
- Liaise with payroll regarding employee compensation changes and other relevant updates
- Maintain organizational charts & role descriptions
- Develop new forms and policies when required
- Partner and support hiring managers through the recruitment process
- Organize and lead orientation and training of new staff members
- Prepare employment contracts, background checks, benefits confirmation, employment verification, etc.
- Process all enrollments, employee information changes, termination and system updates as required
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors, e.g., company benefits provider, EAP, etc.
- Lead the internship/Co-op Program while sourcing government grants and funding
- Maintain resume inventory, HR email account and resume files
- Perform new hire check-ins and exit interviews
- Process all involuntary and voluntary terminations & coordinate with internal departments
- Manage the distribution of HR communications to associates
- Provide advice and guidance on HR policies and procedures
- Have knowledge of current legislation
- Administration of HR programs and services including STD, LTD, WSIB, EAP, benefits, etc.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests
- Participate in delivery/maintenance of key HR initiatives/projects as assigned
- Be part of the Health & Safety Committee and spearhead new health & safety initiatives
- Keep the HR Director & VP, HR informed of employee relations matters and/or challenges that may adversely affect the completion of projects and resolving issues
- Work efficiently in an open team structure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
And a bit about yourself?
- Must have a Degree or Diploma (specialization in HR Management or working towards CHRP designation) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong, professional, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients
- Extremely detail oriented, accurate and efficient
- Sense of ownership, takes initiative and willingness to get the job done
- Demonstrates a high level of trust, integrity and diplomacy
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retail
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
SJC Content is an equal opportunity employer. SJC Content is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC Content. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC Content means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community