Front End DeveloperApril 6, 2022
- Division: Media
- Department: Digital
- Reports to: Director, Digital Products
- Location: Remote
- Status: Full-Time
Meet SJC. We create, publish and print best-in-class content. As Canada’s largest privately owned communications company, we partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire and empower audiences across every platform. Owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands (Toronto Life, Chatelaine and Maclean’s to name a few), we provide incredible reach to an influential audience.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative and collaborative team? Then come join us at SJC Media in the role of Front End Developer.
SJC Media is the home of award-winning titles such as FASHION, Chatelaine, HELLO! Canada, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent, Toronto Life, Ottawa Magazine and Canadian Business, producing magazines and digital products for millions of Canadians. Strategic Content Labs (SCL) is SJC’s custom content division creating award-winning websites, apps and magazines for some of Canada’s leading brands and institutions.
We are seeking an experienced front-end developer who is interested in working with our product, editorial, design and development teams to create and support custom WordPress websites and other digital products for our media brands and third-party clients in business, education and government.
In this role you will:
- Develop and implement new features and functionality
- Work closely with the Development Team Lead and others on the digital team to identify the opportunity for functional extensions and improvements to existing and new websites
- Work closely with user experience experts and developers regarding the maintenance and improvement of all operations related to the websites
And a bit about yourself:
- You will have worked with WordPress, and in particular have experience with
- Custom post types
- Custom taxonomies
- Fetching content via AJAX
- Timber and Advanced Custom Fields plugins
- You can write semantic HTML
- You have familiarity with AODA, and accessibility in general
- You know your way around the command line
- You are familiar with JIRA
If this sounds like you, apply below!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.