Financial AnalystAugust 12, 2021
- Division: Corporate
- Department: Corporate Finance
- Reports to: Assistant Corporate Controller
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
St. Joseph Communications really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions for our clients.
We offer “Beyond Content” solutions such as integrated tactical marketing and content at SJC Content, printing and logistics at SJC Print’s various locations and media solutions with our media brands including Toronto Life, FASHION, Maclean’s, Flare, Today’s Parent, Chatelaine, and HELLO! Canada along with our Strategic Content Labs division.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team. Then come join us at SJC in the role of Finance Analyst.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Journal entries and other accounting allocations
- Reports and other calculations for multiple divisions
- Assist with financial statements and operating budgets
- Support for accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Data entry and Excel file updates
- Assist with daily accounting tasks and ad-hoc analysis as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong analytical and technical skills (GAAP, Finance, Sales Tax, Modelling, MS Excel)
- Strong communication skills – written (PowerPoint decks, memos, etc.) and verbal (presentations, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills with working with many different departments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- CPA in progress
- Recent graduate with Bachelor’s degree in business, a certificate in accounting, or working towards an accounting designation
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting an asset
- NetSuite ERP and MS Office software experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (vlookups, Sumifs, Pivot, etc)
- Ability to work with others as a team and independently, self-starter
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retail
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community