Executive ProducerJuly 14, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Production
- Reports to: SVP, Creative
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
You’re a creative and strategic leader who is all about bringing great advertising and promotional ideas to life. Timing and organization is everything to you. Multi-tasking is just part of your DNA.
As an Executive Producer, you’ll quickly become a strategic partner for our marketing clients. In this role, you will lead, support and grow our video, CGI and motion graphics capabilities and strategies. You’ll have a deep understanding of the ins and outs of video
Production processes and your network in this industry is second to none. Where you’ll really shine is how you will articulate our clients’ stories to their consumers using video production methods.
This is your unique chance to make your mark in the advertising industry by coordinating and managing our video team and studio space as a key member of our Leadership Team.
- Partner with the sales and creative teams and production organizations as the subject matter expert in video marketing
- Collaborate with creative directors, marketing managers and leadership team on creation of video content and strategy, taking ideas and owning the end-to-end production process execution for all video projects
- Experienced at putting together quotes for large productions and meticulous at managing budgets
- Schedule, shoot and conduct interviews with internal and external stakeholders
- Continually enhance overall quality of video production efforts through sourcing new audio, visual, and editing equipment and techniques within the industry
- Identify opportunities to optimize and expand our video business and deliver against operating margins and ROI
- Identify internal opportunities for video projects, adding value to new and existing operations, our online presence and social channels to expand marketing initiatives
- Source audio, visuals and animations that will enhance the quality of video production, working within and expanding brand conventions to establish consistent tone and presence in web, social and eCommerce platforms
- Own the production budgets, schedule and any automation surrounding video uploads and posts
- Collaborate between the Client, Agency and Vendors, participating on RFP’s and fostering positive internal and external relationships
- Oversee and manage the producers and day-to-day operations
- Continuously update SJC management and/or client regarding the project status
including potential problematic situations that could jeopardize timelines
- Source and collaborate with internal and external talent and resources as needed to assist in video production and delivery of final content
- Work efficiently, calmly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Perform other duties as required
Education & Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Television/Film Production, Multimedia, Marketing or Journalism
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in video shooting and production for marketers, corporate or business
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in editing branded video content for corporate, customer testimonials, online ads, explainers and product demos
- Hands-on experience as a line producer and knowledge of audio/visual equipment, lighting and file management techniques, plus experience with video editing software included Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Experience in a digital interactive and/or online marketing environment is an asset
- Resourcefulness in procuring locations, props and talent
- Strong professional interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and organizational skills with the natural ability to work under assigned deadlines
- Ability to identify problems and suggest potential solutions
- Resourceful in researching and problem-solving skills
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.