Digital Editor, Toronto LifeJune 13, 2022
- Division: Media
- Department: Toronto Life
- Reports to: Editor-in-chief
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Status: Full-Time
Meet SJC. We create, publish and print best-in-class content. As Canada’s largest privately owned communications company, we partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire and empower audiences across every platform. Owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands (Toronto Life, Chatelaine and Maclean’s to name a few), we provide incredible reach to an influential audience.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative and collaborative team? Toronto Life is looking to hire a DIGITAL EDITOR to oversee all aspects of the magazine’s online content.
In this role you will:
- Generate and help develop story ideas for the web
- Manage the web workflow and help improve quantity and quality of content
- Curate the home page
- Top edit and proof all posts, review for SEO, thumbnail cropping, general QA, etc.
- Assist in the building of print-to-web feature stories and packages, alongside a designer, to maximize digital presentation
- Promote covers and all stories on social media to maximize reach and impact
- Help train web editors in best WordPress practices
- Manage newsletters
- Occasionally work with the custom content team on the placement of special projects
- Occasionally assist the consumer marketing team on special promotions
- Analyze and report on engagement
If this sounds like you, apply below!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.