DesignerMarch 8, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Creative
- Reports to: SVP Creative
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
You see the world in graphics, images, colours and typography. Pulling it all together to create a compelling visual story is what you do best.
As a Designer, you’re all about pushing the envelope to develop cutting-edge designs. You’re able to visualize and execute creative solutions that engage and inspire our clients’ target audience. Even better, you are brilliant with all the latest design software and can deliver quality results quickly and efficiently.
- Work from briefing documents to understand client challenges, objectives and brand strategies
- Collaborate with team members to develop fresh, exciting creative solutions during the conceptual stage through to production
- Execute creative concepts; and clearly communicate concepts and solutions to team
- Apply current design sensibilities to projects, with an excellent understanding of layout, design and overall composition
- Interpret and communicate creative expectations and standards to photography studio
- Develop graphics and layouts for multi-channels: flyers, in-store print & digital signage, social, online, etc.
- Maintain creative and brand consistency across multiple channels
- Keeps abreast with trends in branding, marketing, advertising, and related communication industries
- Work on time-sensitive projects, multi-task and adhere to project requirements and deadlines
Education & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience working with an advertising agency/national retailer in a Designer/Art Director role
- Post-secondary education in related field: graduate of recognized graphics program or related field or equivalent to visual design
- A strong knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, brand development and creative process
- Proficient in Adobe CS (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Keynote/PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, written, presentation) skills
- Strong organizational/planning skills, with the ability to manage workload issues and prioritize project needs
- Detail oriented, accurate and efficient
- Prior experience on-set with photographer(s) and crew members
- Positive working relationships built throughout the organization with a professional attitude
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and deal with ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, professional, courteous, astute with e-communication
- Action-oriented and a self-starter who is reliable, full of energy, and enjoys challenges
- Must be reliable and willing to put in extra time as required to meet project deadlines
Values & Guiding Principles
These key values are inherent to SJC’s success: innovation, respect, passion, customer focus, proactiveness and accountability. They also guide our everyday behaviour and motivate us to exceed client expectations in all that we do.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.