CopywriterApril 26, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Creative
- Reports to: Associate Creative Director
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
You are passionate about words. You love its persuasive powers and understand how they can motivate others to believe and take action.
As a Copywriter, you are a master of words in any format – social, print, digital, you name it. You understand the ways copy can help clients engage their target audience and attract new ones, while achieving business results. Always ready to rise to any challenging brief, you have a keen eye for detail, as well as the drive to deliver original ideas and sharp copy. You thrive in a team environment, collaborating with senior management, account directors, creative directors, art directors, designers, animators, writers, production teams, photographers, videographers, and of course, our clients.
- Take ownership of creative and/or marketing briefs and answer them to a high standard
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of project objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with current and future trends
- Brainstorm and share ideas with other team members in respectful and supportive way
- Write fresh and engaging copy for various media channels such as print, online, video and/or broadcast, social media
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meet deadlines, stay within budget constraints, work overtime as necessary, and complete timesheets
- Organize work priorities and follow workflow processes
- Maintain the highest quality with a keen eye for detail
- Present creative concepts to internal teams and external clients in a confident, persuasive and professional manner
- Mentor less senior team members to help grow their skills in creative ideation, copywriting and business communication
Education & Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Food/grocery experience is a ‘must’
- Minimum 7 years advertising industry experience, creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
- Post-secondary degree or diploma majoring in English, advertising, communications or related field
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign), Google-based applications, within a Mac-based environment
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.