Content Specialist, Digital SignageJuly 14, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Creative
- Reports to: SVP, Creative
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
You instinctively know how to reach the right audience, at the right time. Strategic thinking, creativity and an insatiable curiosity about all things new and on-trend drive your passion for great storytelling through the digital signage medium.
As a Content Specialist, Digital Signage, you know how to leverage digital signage to bring a brand, product or service to life in relevant and timely ways that resonate with target audiences. Your insight and creativity enable you to strategize, plan and craft compelling content while building authentic relationships with consumers and creating brand advocates.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Content Strategist and client to understand their objectives, business and industry (food/grocery experience is an asset)
- Build content stories for digital signage that are forward-thinking and in line with current and future trends
- Develop and write original creative content stories that adhere to digital signage best practices
- Collaborate with the Content Coordinator and Playlist Coordinator to finalize the content playlist
- Work closely with the SJC’s Creative team, Project Managers and Playlist Coordinator
- Resolve problems independently, consulting with the Account Lead and/or Content Strategist
And a bit about who we are looking for:
- University degree/College diploma in copywriting or marketing communications, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with strategizing integrated marketing campaigns, content strategy and development
- 5+ years copywriting experience within the food, grocery and/or nutrition industry
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who constantly explores the latest marketing and socio-cultural trends
- Passion for storytelling and the ability to express ideas through words and help brands convey their message
- Proficiency with popular content management and analytics tools, HTML, Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote and Google-G Suite within a Mac-based environment
- Excellent professional interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills and astute with e-communication
- Extremely detail-oriented, accurate, efficient, organized and quality-focused
- Superior time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work according to deadlines
- Ability to work from home
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.