Associate Creative DirectorJuly 14, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Creative
- Reports to: SVP, Creative
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
You have an insatiable curiosity about everything – creative and otherwise. This passion infuses your work and creates compelling visual stories that engage, inspire and inform customers.
As an Associate Creative Director, you love bringing concepts and designs to life. You are able to translate marketing briefs into strategic creative solutions and deliver innovative ideas that are on-brand and on-time. You have experience and a passion for food and grocery creative and communication. Beyond these talents, you also mentor, supervise and guide others in their professional and creative development. You also contribute to the strength of the Creative team by nurturing client relationships alongside account directors via effective written and in-person communication, professional interaction, and outstanding work.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically on a big-picture scale and an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement
- Take ownership of assigned projects, from start to completion, with an eye to detail
- Develop omni-channel creative and campaigns for retail banners that are on strategy and brand consistent
- Interpret creative briefs and translate them into compelling creative concepts for flyers and visual/interactive designs
- Communicate creative expectations, art direction and standards to designers, copywriters, illustrators, photographers, stylists and other external partners
- Collaborate with Creative Director, as well as the client’s business teams: senior management, brand, marketing, merchandising and product managers, etc.
- Adhere to schedules and/or work-back summaries with milestones identified
- Keep up-to-date on trends in branding, marketing, advertising, and related communications industries
- Provide mentorship, guidance and support to Art Directors and Designers within the group
- Present and clearly articulate creative solutions to all levels of audiences
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while juggling multiple deadlines, in a fast-paced creative and production environment
And a bit about you:
- 8+ years experience working for an advertising agency/national retailer in a Designer and/or Art Director role
- Post-secondary education in a related field, graduate of a recognized creative design program or related field, graphics design program or related field, or equivalent to visual design
- Prior experience with food/grocery advertising & design, photography, on-set art direction of photographers, stylists and propping
- Strong knowledge of brand development, layout design, graphic fundamentals, typography, composition and/or photographic/videography direction as they relate to print and digital channels
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Keynote/PowerPoint)
- Thorough understanding of retail advertising, experience with food or grocery, printed and e-catalogues, interactive communications, social and mass advertising, marketing and industry best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, written, presentation) skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to problem-solve workload issues and project needs Intelligence in new media literacy and storytelling
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.