Art DirectorNovember 22, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Creative
- Reports to: SVP Creative
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
Your love of design translates into your work – bringing elements together to create solutions that are fresh, innovative and highly creative.
As an Art Director/Designer, you are able to translate marketing briefs into creative solutions and deliver multi-channel ideas that are on brand and on strategy. Pushing the creative envelope is what you do to continually bring forth compelling designs that excite and engage target audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically on a big-picture scale and an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement
- Take ownership of assigned projects, from start to completion, with an eye to detail
- Interpret creative briefs and translate them into compelling creative concepts and visual/interactive designs
- Develop omni-channel creative and campaigns for retail banners that are on strategy and brand consistent
- Communicate creative expectations, art direction and standards to videographers, photographers, stylists, illustrators and other external partners
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Animators and Copywriters, as well as the client’s business teams: senior management, brand, marketing, merchandising and product managers, etc.
- Adhere to schedules and/or work-back summaries with milestones identified
- Keep up-to-date on trends in branding, marketing, advertising, and related communications industries
- Clearly articulate creative solutions to all levels of audiences
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while juggling multiple deadlines, in a fast-paced creative and production environment
Education & Qualifications:
- 4 to 6+ years experience working for an advertising agency/national retailer in a Designer and/or Art Director role
- Post-secondary education in a related field, graduate of a recognized creative design program or related field, graphics design program or related field, or equivalent to visual design
- Prior experience on-set with photographers, video editors and crew members, styling and propping
- Strong knowledge of brand development, layout design, graphic fundamentals, typography, composition and/or photographic/videography direction as they relate to print and digital channels
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Keynote/PowerPoint
- Thorough understanding of retail advertising, printed and e-catalogues, interactive communications, social and mass advertising, marketing and industry best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, written, presentation) skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to problem-solve workload issues and project needs
- Intelligence in new media literacy and storytelling
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.