Accounting Analyst (Temporary 6-Month Contract)February 18, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Finance
- Reports to: Controller
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
St. Joseph Communications really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions for our clients.
We offer “Beyond Content” solutions such as integrated tactical marketing and content at SJC Content, printing and logistics at SJC Print’s various locations and media solutions with our media brands including Toronto Life, FASHION, Maclean’s, Flare, Today’s Parent, Chatelaine, and HELLO! Canada along with our Strategic Content Labs division.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team. Then come join us at SJC in the role of Accounting Analyst.
- Maintain general ledger and reconciliation of accounts for various business units
- Review cost G/L coding and other operating expense allocations
- Complete journal entries and ensure accuracy of other accounting transactions
- Produce and review financial reports for multiple divisions
- Assist with financial statements and operating budgets
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations for specific general ledger accounts
- Assist with analysis and special project requests
- Provide support for finance manager and other team associates as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, a certificate in accounting, or working towards an accounting designation
- 2 years’ experience in accounting an asset
- NetSuite ERP and MS Office software experience preferred
- Ability to work with others as a team and independently, self-starter
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a high degree of accuracy
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community