Account DirectorMay 11, 2022
- Division: Content
- Department: Commercial- Sales
- Reports to: Senior Director of Sales and Strategy
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Status: Full-Time
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and ambitious team? Then come join us at SJC Content in the role of Account Director.
The Account Director is responsible for the planning and delivery of key client projects and campaigns for a portfolio of SJC accounts. This includes managing profitability and sustainability of each account through effective account, project, and client/partner relationship management, and in the delivery of best-in-class content assets. Excellent communication, content development and management skills are essentials.
In this role you will:
- Understand client relationship and client marketing objectives, effectively balance expectations and drive customer and business success
- Manage day-to-day client activities translating assignments into meaningful briefs and relevant direction for the dedicated creative team and internal studio and production functional teams
- Proactively assess and resolve client opportunities to provide solutions, grow opportunities and mitigate risk
- Lead content marketing strategies across multiple channels: digital, social, broadcast, print, etc.
- Provide clients with campaign reporting and performance insights in a professional and timely manner
- Develop strong, professional relationships with client contacts
- Present work to clients professionally and persuasively
- Work with functional teams to ensure that SJC delivers outstanding work consistently and efficiently
- Monitor, track and contribute to the financial management and success of assigned portfolio
- Build awareness of SJC’s brand and capability with client decision-makers
- Consult and collaborate with the Senior Director of Sales & Strategy of SJC Content to develop strategic initiatives and achieve team’s revenue and profit targets
- Develop marketplace insights and a deep understanding of the industry and its challenges and opportunities to keep clients abreast and educated on emerging trends, technology and regulations
- Attend conferences and other events as required
And a bit about you:
- Post-secondary level education in marketing or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in sales or marketing with a proven track record in growing revenue
- Experience overseeing digital and social media programs and integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience in an agency environment is strongly desired
- Strong Presentation skills – able to present strategic and creative concepts to clients
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities – able to prepare a creative brief and clear, concise business documents
- Superior time management, organizational and planning skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently
- A comprehensive understanding of client business goals, strategic initiatives and the ability to develop best-in-category deliverables that represent the client’s needs
- Strong understanding of interactive marketing and e-commerce business strategies
- Some experience contributing to large-scale content productions — photography, broadcast, social video — is an asset
If this sounds like you, apply below!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.