Account DirectorApril 20, 2021
- Division: Content
- Department: Sales
- Reports to: Group Executive
- Location: Toronto
- Status: Full-Time
Working at St. Joseph Communications (SJC) means you’ll be joining 1,000 incredible associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is digital, social, broadcast, print, in-store, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless experience for brands.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and ambitious team? Then come join us at SJC Content in the role of Account Director!
The Account Director is responsible for the planning and delivery of key client projects and campaigns for a portfolio of SJC accounts. This includes managing the profitability and sustainability of each account through effective account, project, and client/partner relationship management, and in the delivery of best-in-class content assets. Excellent communication, content development and management skills are essentials.
In this role you will:
- Understand client relationship and client marketing objectives, effectively balance expectations and drive customer and business success
- Manage day-to-day client activities translating assignments into meaningful briefs and relevant direction for the dedicated creative team and internal studio and production functional teams
- Proactively assess and resolve client opportunities to provide solutions, grow opportunities and mitigate risk
- Lead content marketing strategies across multiple channels: digital, social, broadcast, print, etc.
- Provide clients with campaign reporting and performance insights in a professional and timely manner
- Develop strong, professional relationships with client contacts
- Present work to clients professionally and persuasively
- Work with functional teams to ensure that SJC delivers outstanding work consistently and efficiently
- Monitor, track and contribute to the financial management and success of the assigned portfolio
- Build awareness of SJC’s brand and capability with client decision-makers
- Consult and collaborate with the Director of Sales of SJC Content to develop strategic initiatives and achieve the team’s revenue and profit targets
- Develop marketplace insights and a deep understanding of the industry and its challenges and opportunities to keep clients abreast and educated on emerging trends, technology and regulations
Attend conferences and other events as required
And a bit about you:
- Post-secondary level education in marketing or equivalent experience
Minimum 5-7 years of experience in sales or marketing with a proven track record in growing revenue
- Experience overseeing digital and social media programs and integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience in an agency environment is strongly desired
- Strong Presentation skills – able to present strategic and creative concepts to clients
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities – able to prepare a creative brief and clear, concise business documents
- Superior time management, organizational and planning skills
Detail-orientated, self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently
- A comprehensive understanding of client business goals, strategic initiatives and the ability to develop best-in-category deliverables that represent the client’s needs
- Strong understanding of interactive marketing and e-commerce business strategies
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retail
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.