Summary of Responsibilities:
As Bindery Machine Operator you are required to read and interpret job dockets that require bindery finishing. Key responsibility will be to saddle bind or perfect bind printed material. This requires the knowledge of equipment operation on a saddle binder or a perfect binder. Operational Knowledge of other assorted bindery equipment would be an asset.
• Minimum 3 years in related experience using similar bindery equipment in a commercial print industry environment
- Ability to read and interpret docket instructions. follow ISO procedures, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate a Muller Martini Saddle binder
- Ability to operate a Muller Martini Perfect binder
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A keen attention to detail, inspect books and follow quality standards
- Provide direction to production line helpers re: feeding pockets, boxing and labelling.
- Follow all required safety procedures
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
- Ability to follow production schedules and work flexible hours
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, and stand in one spot for long periods of time
- Basic computer skills.
- General math skills, including;
- adding, subtracting, multiplying
- determining & following number sequences
- Good eye/ hand coordination and a strong desire to produce a quality product
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 613.740.3191 referencing 34126May13. No telephone calls, please.