St. Joseph Communications’ Print Group services both private and public sectors from state-of-the art printing facilities and and a network of digital print centres across Canada. We offer the widest array of end-to-end document management solutions available in the marketplace, including full security for clients who require Secret Document Processing or Document Protection services.
We currently have a regular, full-time position available for an intermediate programmer / application developer in Ottawa, ON. Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology (IT), and the position will be responsible for building web-to-print solutions and assisting in the development of various web solutions, including in-house custom applications.
Primary and Essential Accountabilities:
- Read and understand project requirement verbal instructions;
- Create custom solutions using site skinning features for web-to-print e-commerce sites;
- Develop web-to-print solutions using .Net framework;
- Perform daily site maintenance duties (i.e. additions, deletions, file preparations, troubleshooting);
- Provide support in the development of workflow automation tools;
- Adhere to company policies, including ISO, quality and health and safety requirements;
- Fulfill other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science or Programming. Equivalent experience will be considered
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in web programming and / or application development
- Intimate knowledge with E-Commerce applications and Storefront experience
- Proficient knowledge of FrontPage, Java scripting and experience developing applications using ASP.NET, C#, SQL, Web Forms
- Experience with Page flex considered to be an asset
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented principles
- Very proficient knowledge with Microsoft SQL 2008, and TSQL
- In addition very proficient knowledge with file streaming and secure controls
- Relational database architecture
- Embedded stored procedures
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret customer requirements and specifications
- Strong English (oral and written) communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills coupled with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to work with sensitive, confidential information
- Ability to secure and maintain a personnel security clearance through Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Knowledge of the federal government’s CLF2 and WCAG requirements considered an asset
- Able to work 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work overtime when required
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated, results oriented team player with an ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. You are flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. You have a demonstrated ability to handle pressure, multitask, probe, analyze and problem solve. . Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 613.740.3191 referencing 34128Jun13.
No telephone calls, please.